Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Monday, January 05, 2009

I am having get togethers at my house more often, seriously.

Sunday a girlfriend of mine came by for tea and a chat, a lovely afternoon.
Then the band folks came over for our 2nd strategic planning meeting for 2009.
It was warm and cozy in my house and Juli brought me a book, Andrea tuned my cello, David reconfigured my igoogle home page and reorganized my itunes library, and Keith did my dishes.
Enough said.
I enjoy having conscientious, kind people in my life, those souls who know what friendship means and how to cultivate and care for it. I made tea and hummus and we made a list of every song in the archive and began determining exact tempo, length, feel, instrumentation etc. Which ones are radio friendly? Which ones need more attention? I fixed a few of my own lazy musical details that had been bothering me for a while and needed some focus. A productive evening, and it felt good.

I am headed out the door to go to Long Beach for a week-long sales and marketing meeting. I love my home but staying in hotels is fun too. We are having a cocktail party on the Queen Mary Tuesday evening and the theme is the TV show Mad Men. Dug around for a Breakfast at Tiffany's dress, an easy find in my costume closet..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home