Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's a rainy stay-at-home night. A bathtub night.
An "I'm going to make a pot of soup and read" night.
I remember when nights like this used to frighten me, as if by staying in, I would somehow end up missing the exact moment when I would receive the answer I needed to fix whatever I thought was wrong. (Does that make sense?)
I don't care anymore, or perhaps this is the moment, and I've found the answer.
I couldn't wait to get home in the rain and fill up the tub. I like the sound of my own heart beating in my ears when I lie still in the hot water and listen.
(Has anyone else done that lately?)
Anyway, I am looking forward to hearing it..

2 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger juli said…

    I've been taking a LOT of baths lately, as well. Love the self loving self reflecting self realizing journey to selflessness. I am at your side in solitude, sister. :-)

     
  • At 1:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/trends/columns/cityside/5380/ Milford Graves would be proud :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home