Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I love to wake up slowly.
To reflect on any dreams, write in my private journal, make tea and check email.
I usually read Iyanla Vanzant's "Until Today" every morning. I find her daily meditations to be the most real and refreshing and she's funny!
Yesterday I woke up sick after a long week of traveling and work, and a long weekend of car repairs, rehearsals and shows. I was able to spend the entire day in bed, something I haven't done in a long time and I realized it had been too long. I think spending a day alone in bed is essential on a regular basis.
Been thinking recently about history, and how if we don't pay attention to it, we usually will repeat it. For me, reflection is key to not repeating my own history.
Just a thought.

The Bessie show was a hit, I have so many talented and darling friends and I was reminded of that Sunday night. Watching Mary from Cobralilies (Monolators) dancing through the crowd playing saxophone made my night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home