Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Thursday, April 28, 2005

today i went to lunch with my usual lunch partner from work. i asked him "how often do you like to hang out with someone that you really like?" and he said "well, you are a girl so it's probabaly more, but once a week is plenty for me, even if i REALLY like them, but i'm a guy so...but hey, aren't you super busy anyway? i mean, hello! you have a total life and stuff.."

he is the voice of reason.

my job just moved last weekend, and my lunch buddy and i used to go to villa corona, get burritos and drive to the tiny reservoir on rowena/glendale for a tailgate lunch break in the back of his truck. now we are in a new location so we are checking out new adventures..30 minutes ago i was driving hunched over my steering wheel, going 15 miles an hour with my purse in my lap while we looked along the sides of the street for a place to find a sandwich. just as we started laughing about how much i resembled a little old lady..there was a deafening honk behind us, and we were passed up by two little old ladies with ratty blonde do's with those wrap-around sun protector shades. as they gave us a dirty look speeding by, we laughed so hard i had to pull over cuz i had tears in my eyes.

i am learning that to truly love someone special to my heart,
i have to let them go and give them the space to be who they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home