Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Friday, January 28, 2005

my dad is moving. the nice thing about that is the fact that i will be able to visit him any time i want. currently to get to his house i have to either drive for 10 hours (literally!) or fly to oakland and then drive for 4 hours. either way sucks and i need to see him more often than two times a fucking year so i am excited that his new place is 20 minutes from an airport! just writing about it gives me a tightness in my chest and a lump in my throat~the idea that i can go, even if just for a day.

the new house is in sacramento, which from my earliest childhood memories was a pretty uneventful place but a friend recently told me that sacramento is really beautiful these days. i like the idea of my dad being somewhere beautiful, although i can't imagine anywhere more lovely than mendocino where he lives now. i also like the idea of he and karen having more friends and places to go, they were so isolated in mendo, and karen likes to shop! i tried and tried to get them to move to LA, and they would but the business is still in the bay area so they can't be that far away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home