Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Monday, July 19, 2004

Saturday night~the Brewery.
Evangenitals go on, everyone is talking, drinking, laughing.  We begin and one by one they sit down, on the floor!  They start to listen, to laugh at the funny parts of the songs and sigh at the sweet parts.  They are WITH US.  Completely.  It is the strangest thing, not one person left, no one moved, talked, nothing.  They just listened.  It is overwhelming to think about, the floor was a sea of people.  Every single person in the room sat down and listened in complete silence for the entire set.  I don't know what else to say.  There is nothing else to say about that.
 
Sunday~
I was sooo tired from the night before, leaving the Brewery at midnight to run across downtown to sing at the Hangar 3 Shots party.  The difference between the two shows was like night and day.  I ran in 4 minutes before I had to go on, threw my stuff in a corner and jumped on stage.  Then stayed to see Linister at 3 AM!  Worth every minute.  Alice Lin told me she read my blog and for the first time it occured to me that anyone actually looks at this thing besides me.  :o

Then I spent the day on the beach in Santa Monica with my friend Kenny.  He plays volleyball with a group of guys every weekend, I played with them once last summer and they remembered me from a year ago!  Mostly I just read my book though, having a quiet time.
 
I have a tiny bit of a sunburn.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home