Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Monday, July 12, 2004

brett wants to make an evangenitals DVD, with the last in the series being just cuts of me telling stories of my crazy life. I speak of love and faith and honesty while occasionally jumping into some random story of the time I was fighting with my boss (an ex-panther) at the black newspaper on San Pablo and MLK or the times breaking and entering, getting held up or stealing motorcycles with my best friend michelle rodriguez in high school. That's normally when the room gets quiet for a moment and then Brett laughs and says
"Girl, you are so crazy, I love you!"

I have always wanted to be a sweet old woman with a rich history and lots of stories.

Yesterday I was at a bridal shower in Glendale for a dear friend. I am singing for her wedding at the San Diego Yacht club in two weeks. The ladies all looked beautiful in pink pastels and eating cucumber sandwiches. Attorneys and statiticians all looking at houseware gifts from Crate and Barrel and laughing about how they used to be roommates in rehab.

life is funny and unpredictable. you can't judge a book by it's cover, although the cover normally gives you an idea of what is inside, that's what covers are for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home