Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Poor Brett, I just interrupted his lunch and dragged him downstairs in the heat to pull a couch off the top of a heap of junk I found outside because I was convinced that it was made for me and I NEEDED to have it in my living room immediately.
It turned out to be broken and ugly and Brett shook his head at me and said

"Girl, you really don't need to do that anymore"

no couch.

I can't help myself. I am an old school Bay Area dumpster diver and the value of something goes up tremendously for me if it is a found treasure :)

Just sent a message to Jules, we have got to link to Eagle and Talon. Those girls are soo cute!
Juli is writing new songs for us, she IM'd the words to me last week and I am so excited for her to come home so we can get started. I am starting to think about our trip to Maine in August, I've never been there but I know it is beautiful.

I love the east coast.

I also sent a long e-mail to my mom, I can't believe I am going to be 34 on Friday. I certainly didn't make any long-term plans for my life so..it's moment to moment!

Sang last night with my other band, Killsonic. It was my first time doing a show as the only singer. Everyone said it was great but..I know I am pretty hard on myself most of the time so rather than thinking about how much better I could have been, I am trying to tell myself that to be alone and fearless is plenty. I want to be the best I can be at everything NOW!! I don't want to have to "make progress"..

I want to be THERE! NOW!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home