Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

El Cid was another magical night. The line up was perfect and the whole evening just flowed smoothly. Zoe Moss is adorable, Eric Layer rocked. Addi the balloon bass player is always incredible, he has been so supportive of all of my projects and is becoming a friend and someone I really admire.
This was a premiere of my new group Las Panchas. Our first show and it was wonderful. I love these girls and the music is so raw and sexy and the harmonies and rhythms just feel good. I am able to let myself free in this music, to go to new places musically and within my soul.

Now to Evangenitals..
Something happened in the middle of our set that I don't know how to describe with words. I think it was somewhere in the Ween cover where the music started to build and the energy was vibrating all around us and Jules and I were singing harmonies that we have never even heard, much less sung before. Suddenly the lights got brighter and the colors vivid and there was this power flowing. Not from but THROUGH. I felt stronger and more alive than ever and almost like I was floating in time and space. After the show we all asked each other
"could you feeeel that? what in the hell was THAT?"

I am not questioning it, just releasing myself to it.

After all of this ride, Linister finished me off with some gorgeous harmonies and soft melodies that broke my heart wide open. At one point Alice was playing and singing and she started to cry and I was with her in that moment, tearfully watching and listening and it was beautiful.

Fuzzard did my favorite cover, Wildfire. Being an only child, my horse was my best friend growing up. I had my own business in the 7th grade giving riding lessons and when i was tiny my dad and I used to drive around and sing that song at the top of our lungs and it will always be special to me.

I am grateful for my life and sometimes I think perhaps I am too sensitive and I should have thicker skin, but I wouldn't trade places with anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home