Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Saturday, July 17, 2004

I have to say, I work with some of the most magical people I have ever met.  Hidden in our Silverlake storefront, behind mirrored windows, unbeknownst to our neighbors, hide some of the kindest, quirky, loving, hilarious people ever.  This week I have listened to tears, held hands, walked around the block several times and laughed until my face hurt.  Some are going through relationship break-ups, some are quitting smoking, some are falling in love.  Some of us are barely 20, some are over 40.  Artists, writers, musicians, homeowners, renters, sports-fans, derby dolls, dancers, designers etc..  We take breaks to go outside and talk about our work, our lives, our feelings, our loves and fears.  We celebrate each others successes and sympathize with perceived failures, saying things like
"well, that situation really wasn't good enough for someone special like  YOU anyway!"
We joke about our little dysfunctionally/high functioning family, our high-maintenence workplace, full of sensitive artists and fragile egos. 
I can't imagine ever having to work a "normal" job again,  with "normal" people. 
 
This is the place I love to complain about.  The place I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home