Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Thursday, October 14, 2004

i have a friend from moscow who is absolutely hilarious and she once told me in her very thick russian accent

"i don't care about love and romance, i just want to be with someone who will make sure that i am comfortable, and when i am sick bring me a cup of hot tea"
today i am home sick and thinking about that comment. i have spent a lot of time over the years with high maintenance beautiful men who i can be there for, (my friend patrick told me "and you get to look real good doing it!")
but not too many who can be there for me.
perhaps it's time for a nice guy? or maybe i'll just blow my nose, go to bed, and find some unavailable, high maintenance beautiful boy to go dancing with me tomorrow..




1 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger juli said…

    wait a sec.... if you're on the computator, that means you're not at home... you're at MY home!

    rachel the rolfer asked me this morning how dating younger guys works out for me (since that's the state of affairs at the moment)

    i told her, it's fine... and can be a lot of fun, so long as you're not expecting them to fill your neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds or anything.

    bruce lee says it's our expectations that make us miserable. bunch of people have said that. expect nothing, desire nothing. wear this world as a loose garment.

    good luck.

    unconditional love is a dill pickle. seems it only happens in breaths and bursts... rarely sustains. about the time when the expectation of a return coldly slaps us in the face with the realization of non-compliance that we see our latent expectations.

    i was sick and alone myself last night.

    the bitch of it all is that i was grateful to be sick and alone. the lord of infinite wisdom saw fit to let me do all my food-poisoned puking and shitting in the privacy of my own cave. merciful g-dawg.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home