Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Friday, September 17, 2004

going to chinatown tonight to help with some set design for the killsonic show tomorrow. then meeting the genitals up in the hills of mount washington for some good old fashioned practice and perhaps hot tubbin. i know they say you aren't given more than you can handle but i have so much music on my plate this week, spanish to memorize and chords to learn. one of my choral directors called me today and offered to pay me to drive to idyllwild to sing tomorrow night but i am learning to say no, i'm booked. i would have done it for free (well, maybe gas money) i want to do it all..

i love it.

keeps me out of trouble. the killsonic show will be great, we haven't played as a group together in a while and my friend owns a gallery where we will perform. those guys are so talented and there are so many of us that rehearsals are split into two groups/two nights. when we finally get together it is magic.

just found out yesterday that someone else that i really adored killed himself.
he was a good person and a sweet friend to me and for the last 3 years that guy would call me every other month to get real, open his heart, say hello and tell me some truth about his crazy life~booze, knives, fights, jail. hanging out at some tattoo shop in the 909. he really wanted a different kind of life and could have had it but didn't even know where to begin. he knew that i loved him dearly as a friend from afar and that i really did care, even when he was out of his tree, which was most of the time. that's why he kept calling.
they find me.
my first love overdosed last year. he wasn't too bad when i met him but after we split up he went downhill...between homelessness, detox and jail time he would call me to "check in" once or twice a year for about 10 years before he finally died. i am grateful to be someone that the toughest of the bunch feel safe with and heartbroken when they feel beyond help. i refuse. they have to help themselves.
there is a saying "if you want what i have then you gotta do what i do"
my life is truly amazing and i am lucky to be here.

all i can do is listen, love, be me and hope that it helps somebody somewhere.

god bless those motherfuckers. every one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home