Lisa Dee's Knees

from the mouth of a babe comes the good news...

Monday, September 20, 2004

this morning the phone woke me up at 7:30. i ran into the kitchen to answer it and jumped back into bed without ever opening my eyes once. it was my sister berit calling from santa cruz to tell me that she had a feeling she may have her baby today and she thought.."who do i want to talk to on the day my baby is born?"
my heart filled up and my eyes filled up too and they weren't even open yet.
berit is one of the most special people in the world to me, she is kind and funny and her husband tony got on the phone to tell me a story about how his family is from a long line of scottish gypsies and kings, and then he sang me a song. he has a very heavy scottish accent and my favorite line in the song was "i am in very precious company.." he was home because he thought he had work furlough today but lost count of the days and it looks as though he finished :)
an impromptu bar fight, they happen.
those two are hilarious and loving and accepting of everyone and all of their funny little quirks, i have so much to learn from them. they thought they were too old for a baby, berit is 40 and tony is older than her..but this is how things work. you just never really know what life is going to give you. they are having a girl
rose margo mcallister

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home